What you tried to say to me

Friday, July 28, 2006

Sadness and Madness

Until now I have been unable to write about an area of my life that has my heart aching. It concerns the conflict between the Jewish people and Palestinian people. I have my own conflict about the situation within me and I am hesitant to put my thoughts to paper.

Scores of human lives have been traumatized and murdered on both sides of the conflict and this is not acceptable to me. Call me naive, call me uninformed but I’ve often wondered why people just can’t compromise…just love one another. Growing up an army brat I’ve lived in many countries and embraced many different cultures. In general, I find people to be loving, kind, generous and fascinating. Most of us want the same things; to be able support our families, live in peace and worship at the altar of which ever God we choose. I know co-existing is not easy, even with our own family or people with our same religious views. My heart longs for a peaceful solution but my head knows that this will not happen.

Thus, I pray and keep praying…

3 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying with you, mary rose. you're not alone. all things are possible with Him.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I sometimes watch the news and wonder why we do these things to our fellow earth-mates. There is a story that in the ancient Greek civilization, during a war, the Greek women refused sex in an effort to stop the war. Doubt that would work..

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many people around the world are thinking the same as you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home