What you tried to say to me

Friday, June 02, 2006

Silly girl

Upon waking, my usual routine is to start coffee brewing and gauge the stress levels of all house mates awake at the same time. I was in for a real treat today because my sister and niece were out (errands) and my BIL was at an appointment. After setting up the coffee-maker I began emptying the dishwasher. The first few hours of my wake-up routine I’m pretty much a zombie. Well…it’s more like being aware of my surroundings but just not imbued with the energetic perkiness that I enjoyed before my illness sapped the life out of me. So, the more cognizant my brain became the more I started to sense something was off. I kept hearing a very soft moaning/groaning sound. The hairs on the back of my neck actually stood at attention. I stopped putting away the clean dishes to listen but heard nothing. I walked out of the kitchen passing the counter with the coffee-maker when suddenly a hideously loud wailing sound along with terrifying dying gasps made me jump and scream like a little girlie girl. To my relief and astonishment I realized the sounds were coming from the coffee-maker. Still shaking but laughing nonetheless I imagined how funny this would have appeared if I saw the whole thing happening to someone else. Although, it’s easy to laugh but the sounds were really very authentic and spooky.

I guess I can now add to my list of “Spastic Moments” the time I was brought to my knees with fear from a little old coffee-maker. Sheesh, I’m such a goof-ball.

5 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe the coffee maker will get ya every time!

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, same here...

I have a hissing and moaning Mr. Coffee maker. It's kinda fun to watch the steam shoot out with each one of it's dying gasps. [eyeroll] He's so dramatic. Thank goodness Mr. Coffee makes such a delicious morning brew. Otherwise, I'd expound upon his acting talents and urge him to give Hollyweird a try. ;)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Heheee! Well that beats my tale of putting Clinque Liquid Face Soap in my hair this weekend instead of my hair gel ;~)

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone I know calls it "Hyper-awareness". Yes, a very nice word for a truly annoying reaction. I jump when someone comes up behind me. I stifle a scream whenever I must go out in the backyard at night. For years being hugged sent me into such panic that I would actually back away. Crying of any sort, by anyone, is almost too much for me to bear. It sucks, don't it?

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you got a good laugh out of it later. These things always seem so funner AFTER the fact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home