What you tried to say to me

Monday, May 08, 2006

More truth

This is very embarrassing but I have to be honest with myself and my friends. A very large part of the reason I’ve stopped reading my favorite blogs is the commenting factor. I am not equipped with the tools to write and it takes me forever just to write a simple response. Part of my inability to put words together that make sense or convey my thoughts is my own poor self-esteem. The other half of the problem is my illness. I have an auto-immune disease that affects me neurologically and while most people can just whip off a short comment with lightening speed I struggle with just a basic one-line sentence. The transference of thoughts to written words is a huge effort. Therefore, in my mind if I don’t read blogs, I don’t have to worry about commenting. When I read blogs on Blog Explosion or Blog Mad I don’t feel the pressure to comment because the bloggers are new to me or I haven’t reached out my hand in friendship. The anonymous lurking aspect gives me a chance to read and enjoy other’s posts and not worry about making a fool out of myself with some lame, boring comment that took me forever to write.

I am without a doubt one of the most emotional human beings on the planet. As cheesy as it sounds, I get extremely overcome with emotion when I read the comments my posts have inspired. I slowly process what people have written and carry it around with me for a very long time. I also carry your encouragement, kindness and friendship with me all day, every day. I’m deeply sorry that I’m not strong enough to be there for all of you as you are to me.

8 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet post this is. This is the first time I have seen your site, but tell you now that I like you, and I will be back.

I wish you every blessing.

Shirley

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Corry said...

I hope you will carry this with you for a long time:

Mary-Rose, you are a dear sister to me and inspite of all you are going through you are always looking for what is best. You are an encouragement to me and a great testimony. I love you, dear sister! May God bless you bunches.

God's Grace.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Omni said...

Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing and don't judge yourself too harshly; no one says you have to comment, no one knows if you read a blog or not, and everyone understands that not everyone can type effortlessly. xo

Omni

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

I am sure people won't mind if you lurk. Most bloggers use a site meter thingy bobber and will know if you stopped by. I have even done the annoying "hi" when I am in a hurry!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Mark Base said...

Take your time to enjoy! Reading blogs should be FUN, not a big effort or a chore.
Take it easy.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Blog reading should be for you, not for the pleasure of others. Read, read, and read some more! Commenting is just the icing on the cake. Without it, the cake is still really good...

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mary rose, you're not alone. three years ago, i was diagnosed with an immune system disorder. but thank God everything's under control. continue to trust Him. and about the commenting, comment if you like or if you feel like it. don't get pressured. it's not a requirement.

take care, dear sis. luv yah!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a very sweet post.

I don't think you should feel any obligation to comment to anybody. Reading blogs is your pleasure not your duty. Sure it makes us all feel good when someone reaches out to say hello and acknowledges what we've written but even that's not necessary to make someone feel appreciated. I don't get very many comments to what I write at all but my stats say that people are coming so I don't mind as long as they are reading it. I write to amuse and entertain people, as well as for the sheer pleasure of just writing. That's all I want. As Kukka-Maria said comments are icing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home