What you tried to say to me

Friday, May 05, 2006

Answers

After much thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just overwhelmed when it comes to responding to emails and blog comments. Although being overwhelmed is not the only reason it is the chief reason. I stated before that I get a bit queasy at the thought of reading blogs that I used to read in the past on a daily basis. Before I set up my own blog I used to read tons of blogs everyday along with commenting on just about every blog I came across. Then, after getting my own blog up and running with a few regulars leaving comments and a few drive-by comments it is near impossible for me to keep up. I don’t know how popular bloggers handle it. My blog is considered small-time with very little traffic yet if I were to read all the blogs I used to and leave comments while answering the comments on my own blog I would be writing all day. I’m definitely not a writer. Not to say I don’t enjoy writing, it’s just that it doesn’t come easy for me.

So, how do I resolve this problem…I don’t know. My husband suggested that I turn off the comment section of my blog but then I would miss some really great advice. I’m not sure how selfish it is to keep a blog and only reciprocate when I’m able but I guess that’s the only answer I can come up with at the moment.

Also, I’m going to make a serious effort to get back to reading my favorite blogs again. I may not comment in the beginning but hopefully I can work my way up to it.

Here I go…

11 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maryrose, i miss you! hugs! - zoe, who really needs to email people!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jess said...

What I do is comment back to those that left a comment on my blog in the comments section, if that makes sense. I have just a few blogs that I read everyday and only comment if I feel like it. I don't usually do emails, it just takes too much time. If someone leaves you a comment, chances are, they'll check back to see if you responded to them in your comments. I wouldn't turn off the comments, it's fun to see what others have to say.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger The Imaginary Diva said...

That is so nice you take the time to answer the comments on your blog.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had that problem! :)
Nice blog.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant agree with you more, but never turn off the comments cause people like me live and die on the comments. I think that is what makes a blog special, the fact that you can say what you want and then people also have the opportunity to give there thoughts.

Hope your not getting too too overwhelmed cause I would love to see your blog added to Nubbit.com?

Branden, co-founder.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Try using an RSS reader for those blogs you like. Google the term for the details--someone else is sure to describe it better than I do.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mark Base said...

Just take it easy!
No rush. This is supposed to be fun.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Corry said...

Just do what you are comfortable with and what you can and want to keep up with. You are under no obligations here, except the (false?) ones you put on yourself:-) As long as I know you are ok, I am grateful for any post or comment you make.

Luv ya, girl.

God's Grace.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

I blog at a few places where the writer doesn't respond. its ok- esp if they don't respond to anyone, you know? I just like to go there. It is hard. I just don't go daily if I can't. If I am busy I will say hi and tell them i am busy. they understand.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be enjoying not feeling guilty for not catching up with the others as you used to. do whatever is comfy for you. =)

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Musicguy said...

I rarely comment to a comment left on my blog. I've written the post, it's now someone else's turn to speak. Don't beat yourself up so badly- the world will continue to spin on it's axis even if you don't visit a zillion blogs and make comments all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home