What you tried to say to me

Thursday, April 27, 2006

No time to proof, sorry for any mistakes

I am in a mood today and I’m not sure what’s causing this mood swing. Usually, my days are filled with a mixture of depression, sadness and bits of hope. Today…I’m just so angry. Yes, being in constant pain is part of my anger but there is a rage deep inside that is heating to a boil. I don’t want to be diplomatic with the people around me. I don’t want to make small talk or exchange pleasantries. I want to scream at everyone around me that they are all fools.

To my sister: Don’t look at me with that ridiculous expression and ask me why your daughter is so spoiled and why she NEVER does what she is told. For twelve years you’ve never made her mind and you can’t expect her to just suddenly develop into a responsible, accountable, willing to take orders kind of child. Also, don’t call your daughter a “bitch” when she is demanding and surly during the morning ritual of getting ready for school. Calling your daughter a bitch is inappropriate and just ugly.

And for goodness sake, don’t come to me digging for information concerning your husband’s latest depression. You’ve alienated him to the point that I wouldn’t be surprised if he asks you for a divorce.

Last but not least, don’t you dare act like you are the martyred saint in our dysfunctional household and that you can’t take the living situation anymore when my husband is paying your house payment every month because your husband, for what ever reasons, can’t/won’t find a job. The arrangement we have now is mutually beneficial but even more so for you because it keeps you from losing your retirement savings. Our dad may be falling for your sob story but then he’s been lied to so much by you he wouldn’t know the truth if it knocked him upside the head.

To my BIL: It took you long enough to see the mess you made of your marriage and your life. It took you long enough to see my sister for the person she really is. Payback is such a harsh lesson. When you purposely set out to destroy my relationship with my own father karma tends to eventually creep up and wreak havoc on you.

And just because you are going through a “tough” time and you finally realize what me and my husband went through for years (and without family to fall back on) don’t act like you are sorry for me. Don’t act like we have somehow bonded over life’s hardships because my husband didn’t ask to be laid off from his job while you were fired for criminal behavior. I didn’t ask to get a disease that is draining my life slowly, painfully and financially. The difference between you and I is huge. You are such a wimp. Get up, grow up and take charge. You had everything…and you lost it all because you couldn’t stay on the wagon. Don’t get me wrong, I understand addiction but don’t you ever compare your situation to mine.

Thank you blog/Internet for letting me vent so as not to start a major war with my family.

Update:

Unfortunately, I’m still raging inside. I’ve kept such a tight lid on my anger for so many years. I don’t know if I can manage my anger in a constructive way, if that’s possible but venting what’s in my heart onto my blog might be my way to cope while doing the least damage.

Caffeine driven- Something about your words had a major calming effect on me. Like a cool breeze on an extremely hot muggy day. Thank you!

Corry- I appreciate (beyond words) your prayer for me. Directly after reading your comment I felt God’s guiding touch, as if warning me not to drown in my anger and to be prudent with how I handle myself.

Dawn Marie- In response to your query, “I hope this helps”, indeed it does! Your loyalty to me is something I don’t deserve and can’t fathom. What ever the reason I cherish all your comments and I take them all to heart.

Thank you all for your comments!

8 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

breathe. i hear you.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Corry said...

Father, I ask You to bless Mary-Rose in her faith and strengthen her to constantly do what's best. Please, touch the hearts of everyone involved to be more mindful, loving and caring towards eachother. Open their eyes and ears so that love can flow freely and everyone sees and does their part. Bless this situation to come to an end that is best for all, according to Your will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

I used my blog to rant it all out the other day. Good for you. You can't keep it in, but sometimes there is nowhere to let it out. I am glad you have a place to let loose. I beleive things can only get better. As bad as things have gotten for us, they have never gotten so bad that we couldn't cope. Think of the positive things; it could be much worse. Imagine where you would be if you couldn't live with your sister. It still sucks I know, but with so little to be greatful for it might be nice to know that someone is looking out for you.

hope this helps.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Everybody gets angry, Maryrose...it's hard not to sometimes! Better to let it out than keep it in. Better to write it here instead of hauling off and slapping someone silly ;~)

*hugs*

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Pugs said...

Come on get a grip on yourself my girl...

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Himself said...

My friend, we all get to go through some things that grieve our spirit and stretch our hearts and minds to what we consider the breaking point. But I have prayed for you and know that you will come out on the other side of these things a better and stronger person than you used to be!
Romans 1:9

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry you have all of this anger inside of you. My only fear is that one of them may read what you have written, and that might make things worse. I encourage you to keep writing, and once you get yourself where you can write about it without feeling the rage, then talk to your family about what is upsetting you. Trust me, keeping it all bottled up is not healthy.

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever done a free write where you just write out all of the things that are pissing you off? It's basically taking what you do in your blog, and multiply that. Just keep writing until there is nothing left. (this is best done on paper). then, when you're done, burn the paper, as a symbol of releasing your rage and anger.

It's very healing, though a bit exhausting. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home