What you tried to say to me

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Four reasons why I know I’m a slice short of a full loaf

When I watch vampire movies I clutch my neck with my left hand…always. If fact, most of the time it’s like an involuntary motion. If I try to hold off, the right side of my neck tingles unbearably until I place my hand in the correct position.

I detest the feel of my own hair on my neck, forehead or ears. I usually wear a pony tail or a loose bun.

This quirk drives me and other people batty. Every drawer or cabinet in the house must be closed. My sister has a habit of leaving drawers half open or a bit ajar. Where ever I go in the house I’m constantly closing drawers or cabinets.

I love water to a painful degree. Not drinking water but oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, or swimming pools. The feel of water all around me is intoxicating. The rocking motion of waves is incredibly soothing to me. I will sit through a truly lousy movie if there are many ocean shots or scuba diving.

Okay, now it’s your turn to confess…

7 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Corry said...

I can't stand open drawers either! Another thing: I can't stand the feeling of sleeves around my wrists. When wearing long sleeved shirts, I keep pulling them up, no matter how cold it is. It just drives me nuts.

God's Grace.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't stand clutter. I can even tolerate dirt better than clutter around me.

Enjoyed this post.

Blessings,

Shirley

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Joanna S Kelley said...

I can't stand the way my sister lets her mail pile up and barely opens any...so I commit a felony and open it for her and shred stuff and sometimes shred the wrong stuff....

I hate when people put the toilet paper on so the paper is UNDER the roll. I will fix it even in someone else's house, which is totally rude...i know this, but I can't stop myself....

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't like prime numbers.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't stand any simple dirt mark in our house. no matter how sleepy and tired i already am, i'd still get the mop and mop away. it always has to be squeaky clean. this drives my husband crazy. he'll tell me to stop and do the moping the following day instead but i just won't stop. i can't get a decent sleep with that dirt mark in my mind. i have to get rid of it.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Omni said...

I can't stand hair on my neck or forehead either; I keep it short with no bangs.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

I have to have all drawers and cabinets closed too. And closets! Closet doors must be kept shut! I can't sleep if they are open even a tiny bit.

The tp thing is so funny! My husband used to get so mad if it was put on the "wrong way".

I pick at my head. It is embarassing sometimes and uncool. I just can't stop. I have done this since I was a child and got head lice. It used to drive my mother nuts. Maybe that is why i did it. My sons therapist said picking (Austin picks at his hands) is a form of control. So there. I need to be in control of myself, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home