What you tried to say to me

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Family tree

One of my family secrets, recently discovered, isn’t really a secret just an unknown part of my family tree. A few relatives have been steadfastly researching our ancestors and along with our Dutch and German roots we are also part Swedish. Maybe this explains why every single family member as far back as the early 1800’s have been blue-eyed. Of course I’m the oddball of the family because I adore large brown eyes, you know, the whole “Tall, dark and handsome” thingy. My husband has such beautiful light brown eyes!

I’m sorry to say I’m not that familiar with Swedish culture; I would love to hear from any Internet friends that can fill me in.

Below is my weekly “List of Thanks” to the recent and not so recent that have left comments:

Whatupthen (Ice Climber)

Muddyblog

RuKsaK

Dana

Lauren

Sparkling

Spunga

Suki

Scott

Kyknoord

Thank you!

7 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Surfed here through Blogmad I am part Danish not Swedish so I can't really help you :)

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Fizzy said...

Hello I can't help you either as I am English- I love the idea of tracing family and ancestors though

Wendy directed me here today

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Meira{FB} said...

No swedish in me, sorry. One of my friends got to visit Sweden recently and loved it!

I am so sorry your are ill and will add you to my prayers!

Oh and Wendy sent me!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Heinz 57 Variety American. I think to know of one's ancestry is quite enjoyable, and someone, I want to spend more time on my family tree.

I'm sure you know this, too. It's now how we look, our color, shape or size that makes too much difference in the long run.

The crucial aspect is our inside part, our soul, our heart. God, help me to be beautiful inside.

Loved your post.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, sis! just dropping by to see how you are. God bless!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

Stopping in (finally) to say hi! Hope you are good!

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, I'm actually a geneology person too. I was working on my family tree for a long time, until I moved to Texas and lost track of all my work. :( I'm a lot of German, 1/4 to be exact, which is a lot considering I'm like a tiny bit of nearly everything european. But, I can't help ya on this one.

KristynMarie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home