What you tried to say to me

Friday, June 16, 2006

Sorrowful laughter

I am humbled, brought down to my lowest level and just so….defeated.

Yesterday, my husband came home from work with a small gift for me. I was so excited as he handed me the shopping bag. The Big Lug (husband) was smiling and looked so proud of himself. I opened the bag and to my utter horror what did I find? Two plastic “weekly” pill organizers!! My husband very happily explained that he worries about my memory and if I’m taking all my meds at the correct times. To him, he has done something sweet and thoughtful and in reality it truly was but to me it just felt like another slap in the face…a reminder of my lost youth and the dark cloud of illness that hangs over my head.

But…after much thought, I started to laugh and laugh. Who cares if I’m losing my mind, at least all my meds will be accounted for and I have a caring husband. ;~)





11 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

I have to use a pill organizer or I forget if I took my meds or not. And I don't want to take them twice!
Glad that you turned around and saw the positive in this!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Kiley said...

As I read your post, I put myself into your shoes as much as I could...feeling the whole situation and whatnot...and I totally would have felt the same way, yet, the fact that he would do something so random like that speaks volumes for how much he truly treasures you for what you are. Did that make any sense? Anyway, I hope it didn't sound bad, because I meant it with the best intentions. :-)

As for a pill organizer: I really need to get myself one of those things!!!!! (No joke!).

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Cat, Jennifer, babs, and Ariadnek--

Just the gesture of looking out for me by my husband, even in small ways, gives me the strength to put a positive spin on life's little jabs.

And Jennifer, you are so right. I have so much more than most and I take it for granted. Thank you for helping me squash my pity party. :-)

Araidne, everything you mentioned made sense to me and the pill organizer has turned out to be such an enormous help.

Thanks everyone!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

LOL...that's really sweet tho...found you surfing blog mad...great stuff you have here...have a great day
:)just me

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It certainly sounds like he had the best intentions and that is definetely the most important thing. It's good to be able to laugh at these things.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kintz said...

Hey.

Us men have a hard time grasping the difference between a "surprise" and something you shouldn't get the person excited about.

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - yeah , he just didn't want you to take them at the wrong time or forget. :)

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Corry said...

It's the intend of the heart that counts and it clearly shows love and care!
You are blessed, girl:-)

God's Grace.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger WendyWings said...

It was a nice gesture, diamonds in the pill organisers would have been nice too though ;)

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have those too and i carry it everywhere i go. oh, maryrose, i know, i know. even if we feel like giving up which i'm sure is a normal feeling for us, let's not give in to it. we're gonna make it! =)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

After getting over the shock, it was a sweet thing for him to do. At least he thought of you, right? :D

I'm a teenager and I use those pill organizers. I'm so forgetful that it's pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home