What you tried to say to me

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Boiling

I’m extremely angry at the moment. Add sad to that feeling of anger and you've got a volatile mix of emotions. Please dear readers, understand that my intentions are not to hurt anyone with the words I will put forth but I if I don’t let go of my anger I think I will combust.

What I need to say is this: Be ever mindful what you say to others!

My sister has a habit of opening up her mouth without thinking or maybe she just doesn’t care. If you have children and can’t handle the stress of raising them don’t come crying to me that you wish you never had them. And please don’t say, “I love my child and would never give them up but I wish I never had her”. I was never given the privilege to have children and I really don’t care that it’s the hardest job in the world. When I see my sister’s daughter look up at her mother with love in her eyes or watching my niece say “I love you mom” on Mother’s Day and then my sister turns to me in her whiny voice and says she can’t handle being a mom and that she wishes she never had children. Life is stressful and we ALL have problems but don’t be so callous with your words to me. I have an arsenal of weapons I could fire upon my sister to hurt her the way she hurts me but I don’t. I don’t enjoy being cruel to people and I don’t spew out words without thinking, why does she?

With that said, please people, think before you speak, you just might be ripping someone’s heart out.

6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Corry said...

Something that I considered last week and posted about on my blog. I found much comfort and strength in this verse:
Proverbs 29:11
A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.


Your sister will have to answer for what she does or says. You be wise:-)

Praying for y'all.

Love you, Marie-Rose.

God's Grace.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Marie said...

There is a school of thought that says all feelings are ok, and it is right to express anything you feel.

I don't go along with that. First, as you point out, you hurt people. Second, some feelings are wrong and should be suppressed, as far as I'm concerned.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Corry,

I love you dearly and I thank God he has sent me a friend so wise and kind as you.

May God bless you!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Monika,

Your words are thoughtful and well said, thank you.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

Please tell me she doesn't say these things in front of her kids?

And, I hate to say this, but having kids is really hard and stressful sometimes, and she may need some help and it sounds like she is trying to confide in you, not hurt you. Your compassion could realy help her; maybe offer to take her kids off her hands once in a while?

And you might want to point out that what she says hurts you, but in a gentle way. And I agree, people put their foot in it all the time. But we choose how to respond to it. Remembering this helps me take things less personally. Still makes me mad, but I internalize less. I hope I am being helpful.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a single mom and understand the stresses that come along with that but I would never ever say those words to my son. I've heard them said from a friend who wished she didn't have her daughter either. I often wonder if her daughter holds her resentment in so she doesn't hurt her mother as she's been hurt. Your words are an inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home