What you tried to say to me

Monday, December 26, 2005

Peace

Christmas day was one of the most magical days I’ve had in maybe ten years. The five days leading up to this awesome day were spent vomiting and sleeping and more vomiting. Apparently, the iron needed to heal my blood also makes me sick. But, after five days of trial and error I’m able to take half the dose the doctor prescribed but I have to abstain from food or coffee two hours before and three hours after every dosage.

So, I woke up Christmas day without any queasiness and filled with a peace only God can give. My sister, BIL, niece and husband spent the day together in perfect harmony with smiles and laughter. Every wicked thing my sister has ever done to me just flew from my heart and I feel I finally understand her and why she hurts the people she loves. I know we will never have the relationship I long for but I no longer feel suffocated with the loss of what could be. Then…believe it or not, my BIL told me that he feels closer to me than ever before and that my friendship truly matters to him. He actually bought my husband and me an incredible Christmas present, one share of stock in a great company (not named for privacy reasons). My sister bought me a box of Godiva chocolates, yummy! My husband bought me the DVD movie “Serenity”, he knows me so well. And the icing on the cake was all the wonderful Christmas wishes from my blogging friends. I am so sorry for my lack of personal Christmas greetings to you all and as soon as I can I will email each and every one of you.

I have a special request. Tooling around Blog Explosion I read a young woman’s blog that had me in tears. She is coping with a life change as she was paralyzed in a car accident. Forgetful me, I don’t remember the name of the blog but the woman’s name is Natalie. Please pray for her. I can’t imagine the suffering she must be feeling and only nineteen years old.

I hope every one is having a great holiday!

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Corry said...

I am so grateful you had a good Christmas.
And I will include Natalie in my prayers.

God's Grace.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Compliments of the season.

I hope God reads our blogs and knows how much you care for your fellow blogger Natalie to ask us to join in praying for her.

May God heal Natalie and let us hear the good news to the glory of his holy name Jehovah Rapha.

God bless.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to hear you had a great christmas. i'll be praying for natalie. blessings to you mary rose.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I am so glad that you were able to have a wonderful day. It sounds like many great things happened. Hopefully they will be able to continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home