What you tried to say to me

Friday, December 02, 2005

Criticism and random thoughts

That’s irony for ya. I write that I’ve never met anyone who liked more jelly than peanut butter on their PB & J sandwich and the one person who agrees with me states that my writing is juvenile. I probably should be offended but the truth is I’ve always known that my writing is inferior. I’m just pleased to have a place to vent and share ideas.

Moving along…I’ve noticed that my battle with depression has a tendency to move forward but then take four steps back. I need a vacation from my self. I long to be lounging on the warm white sands of a Tahitian beach, a refreshing exotic drink in hand and thinking only empty vapid thoughts.

Also, I read this morning that Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck named their newborn, Violet. It’s a bit old-fashioned but I love that name!

6 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Infinitegtr said...

Just keep writing, it gets better with time, and is also a good way to keep the demons at bay...

formerlyliving.blogspot.com

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

violet? hmm... i just learned that now. i'm so outdated!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got part of your wish.

There are no more empty thoughts than ones about Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck.

Now about Tahiti...

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger JoanneMarie Faust said...

I like more jelly than peanut butter on my sandwich. Always have. Now, I guess you sort of know one person like that.

Continue to write as you do, feel or speak. This is your personal space, if it feels like you, to you, then it's perfect.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger keta said...

Depression is wicked ... I feel the same way, with every one step forward comes 4 steps back.

Keep writing, it's therapeutic! It doesn't matter what your writing style is like, it is YOUR blog! Besides, I don't think your writing is immature (and I'm a professional writing major)!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Infinitegtr, Pia, Allan, Piksea, Suki and Keta, thank you all for the encouragement! I deeply appreciate your kindness and that you took time out of your day to comment. You all are truly wonderful people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home