What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Up hill and not so sighted

Happy freaking birthday to me…and for my first gift...I lose my drivers license! I’m so angry at myself. I realized my Drivers License expires at midnight as it is my birthday. I muster all the energy within me and head over to the license office, fill out all the paper work and pay the fees. I then press my face into the evil eye testing machine as instructed and look for line five, but the fifth line is so fuzzy I can’t read a single number. I stand with my face pressed tightly against the machine praying for the numbers to become clear and visible but they remain blurred. When did my eyes get so bad? I haven’t driven in quite some time and I’m usually homebound but still, it’s such a shock.

Now, I must spend more money that I don’t have for an eye exam and glasses. Then, I have to take a written exam, driving test (how embarrassing at my age) and the dreaded eye test. It is a very odd feeling to know that I have no current license.

As for being my birthday, I could care less. I don’t feel negatively about getting older I’m just not in a celebratory frame of mind. In fact, I feel like a total failure. I’m losing myself. This isn’t whining it’s just a factual observation. I’m unable to participate in my own life due to all my ailments and even the smallest events are an up hill battle.

I know, shut up and buck up.

3 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger xianfu said...

Happy birthday..may all ur wishes come true..Good luck on ya driver licence.. "p Happy New Year!!!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Corry said...

Geezz, as if you already haven't had enough to deal with!
God will provide, He promised! Hang in there.

I keep praying for you.

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

God's Grace.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Happy belated birthday, Maryrose! Here's hoping that the New Year will bring you better health and happier days :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home