What you tried to say to me

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Counting to ten

For the last two days I’ve been struggling with some issues and anger so intense that it feels like its boiling the blood in my veins.

My BIL is still unemployed and both he and my sister spend most of their time doing nothing. My sister does the absolute least she can with regards to taking care of her daughter and does nothing to take care of her home. My BIL sits at his computer most days for hours. This is the time when they could both come together and get their house clean along with much needed maintenance work on their home. Instead, they argue, mope and are about the two most useless individuals I know. My sister is using her inability to grow up and be accountable for her actions to thrust all and any work onto others. My BIL uses his stunted emotional growth to pass the buck when it comes to relating to everyone living in his house and he simply refuses to take care of the major repairs needed to keep his house from falling apart.

I’m so weary of listening to them act like children. I’m sick of the way they treat each other, me and my husband. But, what really sets me off is my sister complaining that her life is horrible (as she dramatically places the back of her hand to her forehead) and that it would help her if my husband could scrub her kitchen floor and if I could do more than just the dishes. My husband works 40 to 60 hours a week and takes care of me. Neither one of the ne'er-do-wells have a full time job. It is insane. I don’t mean to sound selfish but I’m grappling with three major diseases, the loss of mobility and a possible early death from a lung ailment. Yet, my sister stands in the living room crying while she takes her blood pressure and complains she can’t handle all the stress in her life and she says she is tired of doing ALL the work in the house by herself. Yesterday she said to me that she is sick and tired of having to take out the trash everyday and replacing the trash bag.

Well guess what missy, that’s life. We all have to do crap everyday that we don’t like and we all don’t have the luxury of pawning the responsibility off on other family members. We don’t all get to live like princesses and life isn’t about being waited on hand and foot.

3 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Corry said...

MarieRose, is there no way you can get a place of your own? Maybe a low-income house or a trailor for rent as a jumping off place? It seems to me you would be better of living in a tent then with your in-laws, sorry to say. Just some suggestions that popped up after reading your post:-)

I will put up a prayer request for you. God hears all prayers and can make gold out of a mess. I pray your trials will be over soon.

God's Grace.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the stress you get from being with your sis and BIL adds up to your "ailment". you better get out of there soon. it's just going to eat you up.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Caz said...

Yes, have to agree, not only will your physical health improve if you get a place of your own, but so will your mental & emotional health. You need to set some goals & some dates, to really make it happen, somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home