What you tried to say to me

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Whacked

Many sleepless nights when I was a little girl I would contemplate the world and how I fit in. One mystery that piqued my curiosity was where does sound, especially voices, go? I used to imagine everything I spoke drifted on the wind and ended up in space only to bounce back down to earth into some one else’s dreams.

Still no closer to the truth as an adult, I woke from a dream this morning that tickled my interest again; emotions not sound traveled to other people’s dreams. My dream was more of a documentary of sorts and went on to explain that we dream other people’s emotions and our brain translates the emotion into our way of speaking or thinking for the most part. The reason why our dreams can seem so whacked is because the translation from someone else’s emotions to our own way of thinking isn’t an easy task for our brains. Also, my dream explained that every emotion in the universe had to be accounted for or acted on to keep things balanced.

It was simply a dream and I know the content of my dream wasn’t real. But…I felt an excitement I hadn’t felt in a long while. The kind of excitement I felt when I was very young and the world was full of possibilities, ideas and mystery.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Inspiring post, Maryrose! I could use a few of those kinds of dreams myself lol :))

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Jackie Bolen said...

Why don't I ever have cool dreams?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home