What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Never again!

So, I’ve been stricken with an illness that is making my life a tad bit miserable, thus, I’ve decided to eat as healthy as I can. This is hard for several reasons. First, I can’t stand for very long so cooking is out of the question; the best I can do is microwave or already prepared foods. Second, my husband does all the grocery shopping now and to be kind his shopping skills aren’t too keen. Third, I hate all food that is good for me. Since I don’t eat that many vegetables I got this brilliant idea that I would drink 8 ounces of V8 juice a day to at least give me some proper nutrition. It was with great trepidation that I took my first gulp of V8 juice. I wish you could have seen my face as I swallowed that vile concoction down my throat. Much coughing, gasping and contorted facial expressions ensued. Bleck! Foul is the best I can say about the taste. Now 8 hours later I can’t get the taste out of my mouth. I’ve tried hard candy, salty chips, soda, milk and water and to no avail the rotten taste is still lingering.

Never ever gonna drink that stuff again!

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I'm a self-confessed junk food junkie, but I LOVE V-8! I think if you don't like tomatoes, V-8's not gonna do it. I usually water it down and put more salt in. Mmm.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i hate V8 too, but i like the veggies in it, and homemade veggie juice. Did you try altoids? I always do a tongue scrape with a spoon to get bad tastes out. poor maryrose! - Zoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home