What you tried to say to me

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hoping for an end

I think there is a divorce or separation (at the very least) on the horizon. My BIL is out on bond but the ebb and flow of emotions and especially the anger between my sister and BIL has created so much tension. The air in this house feels like thick layers of oxygen sucking mist. It’s chilling to watch them fight, and they are at the stage where they have turned on each other. Each one swears they are going to drag the other one through the mud. As far as I know my niece has no idea what has transpired and her attention is focused on school beginning. She will be utterly devastated if her parents divorce. I know I can’t make her life pain-free but she’s my niece for goodness sake.

I’ve spoken to my sister and BIL till I’m blue in the face and neither one is listening to me or each other. He won’t get treatment and is lying about his drug abuse. She has heard the same ole line so many times she’s given up on him. I’ve never seen so much denial in all my life. They’ve lived in a co-dependant lifestyle for fifteen years. She was using him for the money he makes for her shopping addiction, while she turned a blind eye to his drug use.

At this point, all I can do is pray for them, I guess. Truth be known, I’m sick and tired of all the drama.

4 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Corry said...

Pray for them and ask God for yourself Marierose, He hears you!

God's Grace.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobody can change them but God. pray for them. that's what you can do to help them. may God's peace be with you all.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

still here for you Mary rose.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Yes Corry, God does hear and I am so grateful!

Pia, I pray for them daily, although it's very hard not to want them to change on my time not His.

Mrs. Darling, your words mean the world to me.

All of you (and more) are my rock. I draw so much strength from your prayers and kindness. I love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home