What you tried to say to me

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Slipping down a vortex of drama

Here we go again folks.

My sister/BIL/niece are at this moment dropping my other niece off at the airport for her flight home. The minute the front door shut my husband pulls me aside and tells me that my BIL is turning himself in on Monday for breaking the law. My husband also told me that I’m not to apprise my sister of the situation that my BIL will tell her on Monday.

@$#$#%%$%$@##@#$&^*&^%^%%$ (this is me cussing like a sailor)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this means my BIL is possibly going to prison or maybe getting some kind of probation, and I will be left picking up the pieces of my sister who may very well try to kill herself. This may sound incredibly selfish on my part but I’m dealing with extreme illness, extreme debt and I don’t want to help them. And dammit, where were they when we were living in our car for six months. We begged them for help. We swallowed our pride and asked for help even after they treated us like trash the first time we lived with them. We got absolutely no help at all from them, not even a note the entire time we were without a home. We are drowning from life’s obstacles and life struggles we don’t need the added stress of my BIL’s mistakes. If I was in good health, at the very least, I would do everything possible to help my family but isn’t there a time when a person has to think of them selves first? Oh gosh, I feel so sorry for my sister. I’m babbling. The worst part is my BIL asked my husband if he would make their house payments while or if he goes to prison. We can’t afford the payments. And why should we pick up the slack when they have so much in savings and two very rich fathers’s to help support them in their time of need. My BIL won’t ask for help. He would rather see us his poor in-laws fork over all our hard earned money and cause us more debt then embarrass himself by telling his family.

I am now officially too flustered to write.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Mary rose could it be that your brotherinlaw and sister are actually broke financially and you are not aware of it? They may be able to have things but how much of that is charged on credit cards? And there is also the distinct possibility that they are living paycheck to paycheck without any savings at all. Most of America is doing that.

Of course regardless of the reason your husband is not under any sort of obligation to pay the mortgage. Your BIL was the one that got himself into this situation after all.

Maybe your sis will have to get a job. I sure hope you guys can get out of there soon! Love and hugs.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First you need to care for yourself, and your immediate family. It may sound harsh, but you can't put your financial or mental stability at risk.
They are family, but they are also grown-ups, and need to be aware of their situation.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Corry said...

One thing I am learning: consider your own responsibilities and take care of those. That is hard enough as it is. Don't take on someone elses responsibilities, you get the blame when something goes wrong and it won't help them either.
I'll keep praying for you.

God's Grace.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really hope you and your husband can get out of there soon and start anew. if you can help your sister and your BIL, then do so but don't force it. i'd suggest you help yourself first.

GOD's wisdom be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home