What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thankful, tired and calm

I’m calm, I’m not over reacting, I’m calm and how I’ve attained this calmness is probably because this is the aftermath post and not the beginning post.

My beautiful “can’t say enough wonderful things about” kitty became ill and after a complete work up she was found to have a major uterine infection. The infection was seeping out of her rectum (the smell, I shall never forget) which thankfully saved her life and alerted us to the ailment. After a few nights at the kitty hospital and a hysterectomy she is home and hopefully healing to the point where she never has to spend another night away from me.

Next, my husband finds a lump under his chin. Many prayers and two doctors later we found out that the lump is benign and hubby is fine. Can’t write much about this because the tears will start again and I’ll lose my composure.

Last but not least, (insert really big *sigh*) my BIL spiraled out of control this week (addiction). If he doesn’t straighten up he is going to lose my sister or everything he has ever worked for.

Everyone in this house is experiencing life’s unexpected stress attacks. We are all walking around with really strained, sad faces and the tension is palpable. Oddly enough, I feel real sympathy for my sister. Any second her life could go up in smoke and she knows this. The anxiety she is feeling must be crushing. My role in her life as sister, confidant and friend goes only so far and I try to shower her with love and good advice but she doesn’t respect me therefore she doesn’t lean on me for support. I will continue to be as helpful as I can but what she wants from me at this moment in time I cannot give.

It’s time to give my precious her antibiotic and pain medication and then I need to sleep, I’m exhausted.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much going on there...I'm sure you must be totally stressed out! I'm so glad your cat will be okay. Just the thought of something happening to Elvis or Sugar can bring me to tears. Thank goodness you were able to catch the infection in time!

I'm also glad your hubby is fine. Can't forget him lol ;~)

Too bad for your sister. Having lived with and lived as someone with an addiction, I can empathize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home