What you tried to say to me

Friday, June 17, 2005

Over my head

Note: I wrote this post quite awhile ago but I am still unable to figure out the "read more" feature on my blog.

...I’ve never ever in my whole life been able to listen to just one radio station. This is because I have such an eclectic (odd) taste in music. Plus, I almost always link a song to an emotion therefore some songs I can’t listen to or else I will vomit. To give you an idea of a radio station that would send me to the moon I’ve compiled a playlist. These are songs off the top of my head and just a small fraction of music near and dear to my heart. Let me know if I’ve listed any of your favorites?...

  • Al B. Sure!- Nite and Day
  • Alan Parsons Project- Old and Wise & (The System of) Dr. Tar and Professor Fether
  • Aretha Franklin- Spanish Harlem
  • Audioslave- Like a Stone
  • Avril Lavigne- I’m with you
  • Babyface- Whip Appeal
  • Beatles- Dear Prudence or anything they’ve ever sung!
  • Bill Withers- Ain’t no Sunshine
  • Bobbie Gentry- Son of a Preacher Man
  • Bond- Oceanic
  • Cake- Daria
  • Cameo- Word Up
  • Carman- A Witches Invitation
  • Collective Soul- December
  • Crazy Town- Butterfly
  • Creed- One
  • Cult, The- Edie (Ciao Baby)
  • Cure, The- Let’s Go to Bed
  • Cypress Hill- Insane in the Brain
  • David Bowie- China Girl
  • DC Talk- Jesus Freak
  • Def Leppard- Too Late for Love
  • Depeche Mode- Enjoy the Silence
  • Dio- Rainbow in the Dark
  • Duran Duran- Save a Prayer
  • Earth Wind & Fire- Boogie Wonderland
  • Elton John- Empty Garden (hey, hey Johnny)
  • Elvis Costello- Alison
  • En Vogue- Don’t Let Go (Love)
  • Enya- Caribbean Blue
  • Europe- Carrie or Final Countdown
  • Eve & Gwen- Let me Blow Ya Mind
  • Firefall- Cinderella
  • Fun Boy Three- Ghost Town
  • Gary Jules- Mad World
  • George Michael- Cowboys & Angels
  • Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc
  • Guns N’ Roses- Sweet child O’ Mine
  • Harry Nilsson- Me and my Arrow
  • Heavy D- Now that we Found Love
  • Ice Cube- It was a Good Day
  • Ina Kamoze- Here Comes the Hotstepper
  • Incubus- Drive
  • Jars of Clay- Flood
  • Judas Priest- Heading out to the Highway
  • Kate Bush- Wuthering Heights
  • Kelis- Milkshake
  • Kim Wilde- You Keep Me Hangin’ On
  • King’s X- Over my Head
  • Kiss- Almost all of their songs
  • Kraftwerk- Trans Europe Express
  • Kris Kross- Jump
  • Lenny Kravitz- Let Love Rule
  • Linkin Park- Numb
  • Lisa Loeb- Stay
  • Luciano Pavarotti- Ave Maria
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd- Saturday Night Special
  • Marcy Playground- Sex & Candy
  • Martika- Toy Soldiers
  • Mary J. Blige- Family Affair
  • Mary Jane Girls- In My House
  • Mary Mary- Shackles (Praise Ya)
  • Metallica- Enter Sandman
  • Michael W. Smith- Agnus Dei
  • Michel’le- No More Lies
  • Missy Elliott- Get Ur Freak On
  • Mya- Case of the Ex
  • Nirvana- Heart-shaped Box
  • No Doubt- Hey Baby
  • Outlaws- You are the Show
  • P.O.D.- Youth of the Nation
  • Petra- Prayer
  • Pink- There you go
  • Poe- Haunted
  • Procol Harum- Conquistador
  • Psychedelic Furs- Love my Way
  • Puddle of Mudd- Blurry
  • Quad City DJ’s- C’mon N’ Ride It (The Train)
  • Queen- Who Wants to Live Forever
  • Queensryche- Eyes of a Stranger
  • Radiohead- Creep
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers- Give it Away
  • Rickie Lee Jones- On Saturday Afternoons in 1963
  • Robbie Williams- Millennium
  • Robyn- Do you Know (What it Takes)
  • Rolling Stones- Waiting on a Friend
  • Samantha Mumba- Gotta Tell Ya
  • Scorpions- Still Loving You
  • Sneaker Pimps- Six Underground
  • Soft Cell- Tainted Love
  • Sonique- It Feels so Good
  • Soul II Soul- Back to Life
  • Split Enz- Dirty Creature
  • Squeeze- Black Coffee in Bed
  • Stevie Wonder- Superstition
  • Supertramp- School
  • Susan Ashton- Started as a Whisper
  • Tangerine Dream- Loved by the Sun
  • Ted Nugent- Hey Baby
  • Terence Trent D’Arby- Sign Your Name
  • Tesla- Modern Day Cowboy
  • The Dazz Band- Let it Whip
  • The Zombies- Time of the Season
  • Third Eye Blind- Semi-charmed Kind of Life
  • TLC- Waterfalls
  • Toto- Georgy Porgy
  • Ultravox- Passing Strangers
  • Usher- Yeah!
  • Verve Pipe- The Freshman
  • White Lion- When the Children Cry
  • White Town- Your Woman
  • Whitesnake- Still of the Night

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo girlfriend! yanno, i think our music tastes are about the same, i love many of the songs on your list. I have this CD in the car that I made that has everything from Judy Garland, to showtunes, to rap to blaring heavy metal, and a bunch of other stuff on it. I love it. In high school i used to get teased for listening to a weird collection of music :-) love you sweetie - Zoe

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love so many of the tunes you listed there.

have you heard of grouper? grouper.com. lets you share files and find new ones. if you sign up (no, I don't get a kick back or anything. ha ha) I'll pop up some good tunes for you to listen to when I'm back from my vacation:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home