What you tried to say to me

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Salvador Dali couldn't even paint this...

Not only did BIL bounce back but he bounced back with a vengeance. He already has one job lined up and a “credible” lawsuit against the company that fired him, even though he stole from said company. He is likely to receive a settlement (if he goes through with the suit) netting roughly five-hundred thousand dollars. You read that correctly, NETTING $500,000 thousand dollars!

BiL and my sister are now planning a lavish two week vacation. Normally, the mere mention of them going on vacation and leaving hubby and I alone would send me to the moon but I’m crushed. Please don’t tell me that at least my husband and I have our dignity and morals intact even though we live a life below poverty level. This is bizarre, just plain surreal. While my husband, through no fault of his own, gets laid off and spends the next year and a half looking for work, searching like his life depended on it gets no support. While my selfish, drug addicted, thief of a BIL gets cash in hand and a new job. Nobody, family or otherwise, knows the truth about BIL’s situation and everyone loves him.

In the interim, my sister refuses to do what little housework she usually does, along with refusing to cook for my BIL. She has doubled her dose of anti-depressants and sleep-aids. She sleeps from 1am to noon every day. She is either begging for everyone’s attentions by acting like an idiot or she is excessively antagonistic towards her husband. They can’t go one hour with out picking a fight. And…in between all the fighting and lack of motivation to do anything all day my sister has directed some lovely comments my way.

Sis: “When we get our money we’ll LOAN you $5,000 so you can buy your tin can trailer. What do you think about that?”

Me: “Well…”

Sis: “Of course, as soon as you get the money you have to get out of our house.”

Me: “Well…”

Sis: “Aren’t you excited about my vacation?” “Oh, make sure the house is clean by the time we get back.”

Me: “When are you leaving?”

Sis: “And you better pay the loan back quickly, money doesn’t grow on trees.”

I can’t write anymore I’m too disgusted. I want to write to many of my wonderful readers and friends but I’m afraid my thoughts are so polluted with anger and jealousy that my words would be filled with hate instead of love. Sorry.

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see if I understand this, your BIL gets cought stealing and is fired from his employer and he is going to turn around and sue them for firing him! ..Well, it looks like he is going to steal from them again if he wins! And crime doesn't pay.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger jennyonthespot said...

I don't why I am always amazed when the "bad guy" "wins". Maryrose, don't be concerned with emailing folks right now... it is clear there is so much on your shoulders now. Oh how I wish that wasn't the case...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home