What you tried to say to me

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Left

Me: “Picture this…A month previous you and your family moved overseas. You just got home from shopping, a trip that included your children and a few friends and you realize that you left your daughter at a certain store. How would you feel?”

Sis: “It’s not possible. I could never forget my child.”

Me: “Just play along, how would you feel?”

Sis: “Like I was a horrible mother.”

Me: “How do you think the child felt?”

Sis: “Terrified, I suppose.”

Me: “Unloved and forgotten?”

Sis: “Yeah, I guess so.”

Me: “Do you remember when I was eleven, we had just moved overseas and mom accidentally left me at a certain retail store and most of the people didn’t even speak English?”

Sis: “I don’t remember that.” “That happened, really?”

Me: “How could you not remember?” “I was traumatized.”

Sis: “Well, I guess because it didn’t happen to me.”

Me: “Hmm…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home