What you tried to say to me

Friday, June 24, 2005

Better and Bad

For those that are interested, here is a small update regarding my world.

First, BIL has been newly employed with a large salary and many benefits. After a month or so of being unemployed, whiny, sober, brown-nosing her highness (my sister) and gushingly repentant, my BIL is back to being devious and definitely NOT sober. The wonderfully long flowery speech about hitting rock bottom and coming to terms with his addiction was only a smoke screen to keep my sister (and me too) from holding an intervention or something like it. His contrite demeanor has flown out the window and life is back to what it once was. The law suit has been long forgotten and tucked away never to be mentioned, it was a last resort as it would have put all his past indiscretions out in the open. It was a tough decision for my sister and BIL but their societal status won out, heck, he has a new job what does he need with more money.

As for me, I’m still waiting for confirmation from the insurance company that I’m on the policy. I’ve got to get medical treatment. I want my health to improve maybe even to the point that I can be more mobile. If the news is bad I can handle it, I just want less pain if possible and at the very least a diagnosis.

As for my father, the bleeding in his brain has stopped and he will be discharged from the hospital sometime next week. I’m elated. I pray that this never happens again! Also, I’ve decided I’m going to write to him. I want to try and reconnect. If he refuses my letters, at least I’ll know in my heart I’ve done all I can.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surreal is good! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home