What you tried to say to me

Thursday, April 14, 2005

For a friend

Life is one big fat conspiracy.

I don’t have a single adult friend or relative that is happy, well-adjusted or has reached any goals they set in their youth. Whether rich or poor, there is no brass ring. I was taught when I was young that if I worked hard, followed a certain moral/ethical code and treated people the way I wanted them to treat me I would end up living a comfortable life.

HOGWASH!

Life sucks. Nothing is comfortable. The world is a dark pit filled with anger, sadness, loneliness and most of all evil. Earth is the devil’s playground and if you don’t believe in the devil, boy will you get a jolt in the end.

Sure, there are moments of sweet joy but they are so few and far between. I just think that instead of fairy tales told to us when we are young maybe we should have “Truth Tales”. So when we grow up and life slams us up against a wall with full force we won’t fall to the floor wondering what the heck we did wrong.

As for me, I’ve let go of my dreams and goals and live each day with as much verve as I can muster waiting for when the Lord brings me home. I’m…not joyful about my choice but I’m too tired to fight.

Getting to my real point…

I have a friend who is suffering…really suffering. I can’t give details but just know she is beautiful, caring, loving, honest, hardworking and is more thoughtful than most anyone I’ve ever known. Who ever reads this blog please (to the 10th power) pray for my friend. If you knew her you would love her too.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks you. :)

- you know who

 

Post a Comment

<< Home