What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

No time for a title

Well isn’t life grand. BIL got this new fangled fiber optics installed so that his internet experience is much faster than before. This is a good thing, right? Not exactly. It took almost four hours to get set up and after everything was said and done I can’t stay online for more than 60 seconds. BIL’s apple computer works fine, my sister’s works fine, BIL’s PC works fine and my nieces laptop works fine but oddly enough my computer doesn’t work at all. By working I mean being able to log onto the net and stay on for more than a few seconds. I can type up a letter in Word, copy it, and then try to stay online long enough to paste the letter into an email or my blog. Am I suspicious about my inability to stay online…heck yes? BIL has done this before. I don’t know enough about wireless routers, fiber optics and networks to check if my computer is set up correctly. If I ask my BIL to do it he will check every nook and cranny of my computer such as private files and accumulated letters or diary entries I’ve saved. If I stand over his shoulder and watch what he’s doing on my computer he will take forever and I can’t stand for long periods of time. I actually don’t know what is wrong, and I’m not going to blame BIL, yet.

Meanwhile, I’m going bonkers!!!!!! I want to read blogs and check all my News sites. I’m no good to myself or mankind when my routine gets flipped upside down.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I hate when anything comes between me and my computer time! I hope everything's all worked out for you now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home