What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sisterly chat

Sis: (Whining as she puts together an Easter basket for my niece.) Don’t you feel sorry for me?

Me: What do you mean?

Sis: (Whining more loudly as she puts little trinkets into hand-size plastic Easter eggs.) Because I have to do THIS and I can’t get the frigging eggs to shut tight! (All said in a tone of voice that is meant to make me feel like an idiot.)

Me: (Thinking to myself…NO, I don't feel sorry for you! And your apparent lack of motor skills is due to impatience and a bad attitude.) …um…no I don’t feel sorry for you.

Sis: Then you do it for me.

Me: Well…okay, I’ll set up your daughters Easter basket and you can clean my cat’s litter box. That’s fair.

Sis: You think you’re funny don’t cha?

Me: The thought had crossed my mind.

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marryrose,

Did your sister ride the short bus to school?

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know who you are and I saw what you did!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Hip Momma said...

you're sister is a character that's for sure...

you haven't posted in awhile .. hope you're doing ok! *hugs*

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Friday, Maryrose! Coming by to leave a *hug* and a warm smile :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home