What you tried to say to me

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Part II (from yesterday)

I sat in my room, fuming, wondering when my husband and I would ever get respite from our financial burdens (among other burdens too). As I sat upright on my bed, legs extended out and my computer on my lap I noticed something tugging at my brain. Or, shall I say pressing on my feet. My adorable, beautiful, she-devil of a cat had found her way onto the bed, planted her little body at the end of the bed with her soft-padded feet touching my feet. Over a period of time she had been very gently pushing her back paws against my feet and because of my intense anger it took me awhile to notice her. I don’t know what she was trying to accomplish, maybe love pats of a sort, but it worked because she actually made me smile. Her sweet little paws gently pushing against my feet periodically for over an hour was her way of letting me know that she was there waiting on me for what ever I needed. I put my computer down and just sat and watched her and my heart felt some relief. She is a beautiful creature with large green eyes and I am so thankful to have her in my life.

10 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

Aww! I love kitties! They are so knowing and lovable! She was telling you it would be alright, too!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Corry said...

Sometimes God manifests Himself in small blessings like that:-)
Often we are too occupied with earthly problems that we don't even notice them. You did! May God give you great and many blessings.

Have a great weekend, girl. Praying for you.

God's Grace.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I am glad you have a nice, loving cat. My only experience with cats was at my Mother-in-laws. It hated me. Probably because my mother-in-law wasn't too fond of me either.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I know what you mean. My dog and two cats comfort me..well when they aren't tearing the house up.

Animals know moods. I think it is wonderful that they can comfort you in your time of need.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Miz said...

I feel the most contented when my cats are around me purring, it makes the weight of the world lift a bit.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the only blogging about a cat that I ever enjoyed.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe that's God's way of saying, "look, my child, you're not alone in this."

God bless you, sis.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I dont know what made me post this.
But I'm pretty sure you can offer advice for others on things that have helped you while you try to come out of debt.
I'm not joking. There are things you might have tried and would have worked. It wont hurt speaking about it here. You could try getting out of debt just by finding out what works and what doesnt.
I'm reminded of someone who wrote a book about how she got into debt and came out of it. She soon became a millionaire.
If you could just put some effort into blogging about what you're trying to achieve, then it might help you (and us) a lot.
Feel free to drop in a line, if you need some help regarding your blog.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

As a cat myself, I am pleased to learn of your admiration for your animals and appreciation for what they give to you.

I keep telling my mom how awesome I am, but she just rolls her eyes and tells me to get over myself!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I don't post here often (if at all, lol) but I had to make a comment about what you wrote a couple of days ago. My cat had been giving me huge amounts of trouble for the past couple of months. She pees all over the house, constantly. I have taken her to the vet, tried to retrain her, put her on Prozac (which Vets swear works to stop peeing) but to no avail. The fact is we moved into an apartment that had previous cats and she didn't care for that I guess. So to make a long story short I had just finished steam cleaning my carpet (for the 3rd time in the week) and she literally squatted down and peed in front of me. I had it, I called the SPCA and found out how to surrender my cat. I had her in the cage when the phone rang. It was a long conversation and I just pulled up some blogs while I was waiting, and found yours. Then I read your post, and realized that no matter how much this peeing thing SUCKS I just can't get rid of my cat... So, Thanks! You Absolutely saved my cats life, it was like an omen that I read your post... at least thats how I see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home