What you tried to say to me

Friday, April 29, 2005

Stomach churner

Because of her (you know who, my sister) desire to do only the least she can possibly get away with I live in a home with drawers and kitchen cupboards either halfway open or all the way open. I spend a good part of my day pushing in drawers, closing pantry doors or closing cupboard doors. Part of the reason I waste my time is I’m afraid someone might bump into the open drawers or bang their head. Okay, and I’m also really anal, I also straighten pictures on the walls too.

She also has a nasty habit of leaving things out, like the vacuum cleaner or what ever project she is working on. Where I draw the line is the paper towel roll. If she gets out a new roll from the pantry she will go only as far as unwrapping it and then set it on the kitchen counter. She refuses to hook up the new roll in its holder. This drives me crazy. I know it’s petty but gosh darn it, why can’t she just finish the task.

If you are squeamish do not read any further.

What really irritates me the most is…she rarely flushes the toilet. Ever hear the saying, “If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down”? Well she takes that saying to heart. It is disgusting, not to mention smelly. Now her daughter is learning this bad habit. She never would have done this in my mother’s home.

I’ve said too much but I really needed to vent.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Nope I never heard that saying but I'm ROFL. Sorry I know youre frustrated but that really is a funny saying! My 8 year old lives by that too! lol

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter, Becca, is notorious for leaving doors open, leaving drawers open, leaving cabinets open, leaving the front door wide open lol.

Now that she's moved out and living with her boyfriend, I wonder if he goes through the apartment closing drawers and doors??

*hugs*

I know how irritating stuff like that can be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home