What you tried to say to me

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Lonely in a full house

Hubby is away visiting his ill father. I'm so happy his brother forked over the money to pay for the plane ticket. It was an unexpected blessing. I'm very lonely without hubby but he desperately needed to visit his father before it's too late. Talking to him on the phone today left me in tears. He sounded so sad, and I wasn’t there to console him, if that’s possible. Hubby has never witnessed the ravages of a terminal illness and even though he tried to prepare himself it was a shock for him to see his once vibrant father so close to death and unable to communicate. Then, all my memories of my mother’s battle with cancer (and her passing) smacked me firmly in the face. After so many years have gone by the memories still have the power to knock me to my knees.

I must find some ear plugs or something to drown out the noise of my niece’s slumber party! Shrill, shrieks and screaming from several eleven year old girls is giving me a headache. But I’m happy she is having a good time. There aren’t many kids her age in this neighborhood and play dates are few and far between.

This is a test. I'm trying to see if I can insert a link...

Froggie

Update:
I checked the link and it worked for me. Could someone let me know if it works for them? It's weird that once I got my PC I gained more options for blogging. The insert link wasn't available to me on my old Mac. I don't understand this but I'm happy to now have the ability to link. Now if I could only figure out why I can't put up links to other blogs on my sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home