What you tried to say to me

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Dealing with depression

I've mentioned once or twice before that I suffer from depression. I recently started a prescribed regiment of medicine and I feel some relief. But there are periods when the depression is so overwhelming. It’s impossible for me to describe the sheer loneliness, sadness, and feeling of doom that washes over me during these attacks. Nothing and I mean nothing matters to me and I feel like I’m suffocating. I burst into tears for absolutely no reason. I’m even agitated now because I can’t seem to convey, with my writing, the depths of my depression.

Even though these bouts of “madness” occur very rarely now I would like to be able to deal with them without upping my dose of medicine. If any one can offer me advice I would be very thankful!

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing my doc said to try is to limit things like caffine intake. Another is to stablize your blood sugar. I couldn't possibly eliminate caffine from my diet. No way, no how. But I did figure out my blood sugar and that has helped me tremendously.

~Froggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home