What you tried to say to me

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Enough already

Trust and honesty are a HUGE deal to me. No, I’m not perfect and I’ve lied before and probably will in the future because I’m a sinner. But, I am loyal and can be trusted and I usually only lie to keep someone from getting hurt. Yesterday, late night I found out my sister once again lied to me in a big way. If my source is telling the truth (not sure if I can trust him) then my sister along with my BIL are addicts. I had my suspicions with my sister but I wasn’t sure. I don’t know what to do with this information. If I were to tell any of my other family members (father, brother, other sister) I don’t think they would believe me. I am the black sheep of my family (due in part because of my sisters) and my father disowned me a short time ago. I just want to leave this house and never come back but that’s not possible. I saw a commercial tonight that made me feel so so guilty. It was along the lines of, “Would you stand by and let your friend drown with out trying to save them”. Aside from telling her that she has a problem, and I’m sure she will deny it, what can I do?

The weird thing about this whole messed up situation is that my sister is such a good liar and she manipulates me with such ease. Plus, she recently committed a horrible act against someone she called a good friend. It’s like there is a secret life she leads that has just been revealed to me. I feel so betrayed but not by her but by my father. I have done nothing to warrant his disdain and ill treatment of me yet the sibling he regards so highly and loves without conditions is the one whose character is more like what he thinks of me. Gads I’m tired. Tired of my family and tired physically. Just when I’ve come to terms with my father’s hatred of me I am handed the real truth about my sister’s true nature and I want to run and tell Daddy but I can’t. Why hurt an old man with something that would rip his heart out. He would still think I’m not worthy anyway.

I hope I’m making sense. I have to get some sleep, I feel my eyelids drooping.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, you can't help someone who doesn't want it. I've discovered that the hard way in life. You can throw someone a life raft, but, THEY have to grab it. If you jump in after the person, they pull you down too. It sounds to me as though you've done everything you possibly can.

~Froggie

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

Your advice was exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Froggie. After years of trying to help certain family members and having the help thrown back in my face I do feel like I'm being dragged down into the muck. How did you get so wise for such a young woman?

My husband was given the chance at some overtime the next couple of weeks and he wants to work every minute allowed so we can save enough money to move out with. My fondest wish would be to find an old RV or trailer to buy out right and finally have a home that no one can take away. My family laughed when I suggested this and called me trailer trash. What they don't realize is that when they say such awful things about people it really shows what kind of people they are.

If nothing else, the overtime will help us immensely. Plus, the decision to just let go of my sister’s problems has eased my mind a bit.

Thanks again Froggie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home