What you tried to say to me

Monday, September 27, 2004

Chemically challenged

Feeling quite blue today. Maybe the severity of my situation has reared its ugly head or maybe it's just hormonal. I don't want to do anything except sleep but that's just not possible.

I firmly believe I have a chemical imbalance. Life is so precious and I certainly don't deserve my life. There are so many human beings suffering more than I, yet I still whine. UGH! I wish I could have been there when God chose me for my life, I would have told him to pass it on to someone else, I'll only make a mess of it.

Changing the subject...

How do you help someone believe in his or her own abilities? I have a friend that took one of those stupid online IQ tests and she scored a 91. According to the test maker's 91 is an "average" score. Unfortunately, her husband is brilliant and most of her other friends scored much higher on the IQ test. To me her test score wasn’t reflective of her true IQ. She is by no means a genius but she has a problem with focusing (possibly ADD) which may be the root of the problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the help.

Ciao

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MaryRose its zoe...I understand about the IQ test thing, I hate them with the burning fire of a 1000 suns, because ifI score 120 on one, I have 5 friends that *say* they got a 150 or something, and it just drives me up the wall.I just don't think intelligence can be totalled up like that, it's stupid. Alot of people I know that supposedly have high IQ's are the people who just can't understand people and every day common life..so I'd rather be a good person than have a test give me a high score..did that make sense? :-)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Maryrose said...

I hate IQ tests also.

My mom often said that everyone is gifted with a certain amount of "smarts" and you can't change what genetics gave you but if you are kind, loving and try to soak up as much knowledge as you can you'll do fine. I believe that also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home