What you tried to say to me

Saturday, January 29, 2005

More of the same

Today I feel…catawampus, emotionally and physically. My husband is out of town for his father’s funeral and I miss him terribly. We are both sick with the flu and I’m worried about his physical and mental well-being. He isn’t alone but we are really connected and being without me is hard on him (and me), especially during such a traumatic time. My health and our finances kept me from attending the funeral, along with the fact that our cat is diabetic and needs two insulin injections daily. My sister and BIL have made it clear that they would not take care of our kitty while we were away so here I sit lonely and feeling like my heart has been crushed.

An assortment of memories of my Father-in-law keeps playing in my head. It’s almost suffocating; nevertheless I wish I could take on my husbands’ pain. If he feels as heartbroken as I did (still do) when my mom passed away his grief must be killing him.

Meanwhile, my sister is in the beginning stages of the flu, with a sore throat and chills. Her fever is 99.9 and she is making such a big hairy deal out of it. She has no job, she rarely does housework, she gets take-out often, then she gets the flu and her life is over. She has been complaining non-stop all day, walking around the house as if her suffering was more than anyone could bear. Ugh! Just a minute ago, I received a phone call from my husband and his flight was canceled due to weather. He sat for hours in the airport waiting for the next flight out and then once he got off the plane his ears wouldn’t pop. The pressure in his head is causing him great pain, he has a fever of 101 and his father’s funeral is in a couple of days, yet what did he talk about in our conversation…me and how I was doing!

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Hip Momma said...

(((hugs))) .. a family member passing is hard but just keep reminding yourself that he's in a better place and out of pain. And to top it off not feeling good .. I'm so sorry. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home