What you tried to say to me

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

I never expect to receive an apology from my sister for anything or everything she has done to me and I can’t say if I would trust her spoken words…ever. Do you see all the pigs taking flight today? I’m in shock, utter shock. My sister told me she was sorry for lying to me about an incident that happened a couple of years ago. I don’t know how to handle her apology, or if I should believe in it. She cries all the time because her husband lies to her but she lies to him just as much, and to every family member or friend. Her lies far out weigh her truths. The sad part of all this is she is so deep into all her lies that she thinks she is telling the truth. Her make-believe world inside her head is set up to excuse all her actions, so I’m confused. Am I dying and she wants to atone for her sins towards me? Or is she about to launch a major attack against me? It’s a shame that I can’t just accept her act of contrition, forgive her and move on. When dealing with my family members everything said or requested is suspect. Usually, there is a hidden, not-so-nice motive behind all conversation.

That aside, I had a lovely Christmas. Sister, BIL and niece spent most of the day away and hubby and I got to be alone, completely stress free. I hope that all of you had a Merry Christmas also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home