What you tried to say to me

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Begging & birthdays

Must I resort to begging? I have TEN gmail invites and I was hoping to give them away but sadly there are no takers.

Yesterday turned out to be an interesting/nice birthday. The last several birthdays for me have been lonely, cheerless and forgettable. For starters, after getting my coffee I found a present from my niece sitting on the end table next to the chair I usually sit it. She bought me a beautiful pair of much needed slippers. They are so soft, inside and out, and when I walk it feels like I’m floating on a cloud. The next part of the day was spent watching movies (The Manchurian Candidate and Open Water) and having a lite lunch. During the day and even into the evening my sister did all the dishes and was…nice to me. What a surreal day it was, my sister was respectful, kind and fun. My niece wasn’t whiny or self-absorbed. We were all supposed to go out for dinner but hubby had to work late so he brought home take-out from the Olive Garden. Hubby also brought me home a dozen peach roses! It’s been so long and I can’t stop staring at them. The card he gave me made everyone go, “awww”. It was so sappy, loving and sentimental. He’s not usually the most sentimental guy so the sap was warmly greeted. The rest of the night everyone got along and we actually had cool conversations. Most of you may read this and think, “How boring and tame”, but to me the sheer peace and quiet was heavenly.

At any rate, I’m still basking in the overflow of good will and fun from yesterday and feeling very blessed. Thanks again for the Happy Birthday wishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home