What you tried to say to me

Sunday, February 04, 2007

For Charlotte Bronte

This is my whisper…Please, please make it real. Give it the attention and care it deserves. Breathe life, passion and truth into this film. Give her the wings to fly, the wings she was denied.


...At a very young age (six or seven) I watched the movie “Jane Eyre” and was riveted. It was the 1944 version with Joan Fontaine and Orson Welles. Around age twelve I found the book (Jane Eyre) in my neighborhood library and after reading the book once I read it once again. The author Charlotte Bronte and her story of Jane Eyre profoundly affected me. I almost feel as though I actually know her. It’s a bit spooky.

The other day I found out that a movie is in the works about her life. I believe Michelle Williams (Dawson’s Creek, Brokeback Mountain) will play the part of Charlotte. My fondest wish would be that the movie shows the truest essence of the Bronte’s and commercialization doesn’t over shadow the picture.

I feel…embarrassed…I have so much in my heart and head but trying to put everything into words is very difficult for me. I hope this explains my post...



3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Have no idea what that was about. But I'm somehow touched by it.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfed in from Blogexplosion. Just wanted to say that I too feel the same way about Jane Eyer and Charlotte Bronte. I found the book also at age 12 and have read it many times since then. For some women and girls that movie really stays with them as it forever asks you, "what would you do for and put up with for true love?" I've never been able to stand the movie, though.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger BrendaW said...

I was also touched by that & comforted as you sound just like me. Being a bit of a Bronte buff - I too am hoping that they don't do the "hollywood treatment" on the Brontes & make them picture postcard perfect or English-rose beautiful as they were neither. I'm presently re-reading Villette & am loving it all over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home