What you tried to say to me

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Superior/inferior

Being that I’ve never felt powerful or superior enough to tell people to bow down to me and do my bidding I just want to know what gives people the impudence to do it to others? What criteria do people follow? Is it that they must make over $100,000 thousand a year or that they are thin and pretty or that they lie really well? Just tell me why my sister feels that she is so much better than me that she can treat me with such overt disdain, as if I’m her servant/slave. I’m living in her home and for this I’m grateful. The first month and a half my husband and I were unable to pay her rent because my husband hadn’t found a job and we were living on very small amount of savings from his last contracting job. Plus, we had been living in our car for six months before he got the first contracting job. As soon as my husband got his most recent position we started paying my sister and BIL $50 a week. I also clean the kitchen and do all the dishes everyday even though my health is not so good. My husband does odd jobs around the house like cleaning the second bathroom and yard work. He even goes grocery shopping for my (stay at home mom) sister. Every once in a while my husband brings home fast food for the whole family (me, hubby, sis, BIL and niece) and he pays for it all. We also give my sister what I call household money to help pay for laundry detergent, dish soap, aspirin, paper towels, and other miscellaneous things. My problem with the situation is that my husband and I have huge debt built up from college loans, credit cards, medical bills and other stuff that accumulated when he was out of a job for almost a year and a half. We are really poor. The $216 a month plus other money given to my sister isn’t much but when you are so overwhelmed with debt and trying to save money to move out it is a lot of money. It hurts that my sister is so wealthy and they don’t even need our money but they demand it every week. In addition, they make us feel so low, like we aren’t good enough to be family members. We grew up in the same home with a mother that was loving, gracious and warm-hearted and even though my father was not good father material how did she become so cruel and cold? What makes her think she is so much better than me when I have found out some things about her that could literally put her in jail?

The day we move out I think I will feel so much relief and freedom but until then the sadness and hurt is stifling.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Hip Momma said...

I'm so sorry she's treating you poorly, but as they say what goes around, comes around and one day karma will bite her in the ass. Just keep living your life as you are and karma will be good to you! ;)

How long do you think it will be before you can move out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home